Museum logo

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number MS003
Object Name Deed
Scope & Content Collection of deeds related to property owned by the Rawding Family on the corner of Love Lane and South Road. Collection is mostly deeds with several legal agreements as well. Of the original 46 deeds only 23 have been registered. The earliest are of Hampton Land, between people who lived in Hampton. The Parish of Rye was created in 1726, as part of the town of Hampton. North Hampton was cut from Hampton in 1842. Thus parcels noted as Boars Head woods were probably in present day North Hampton. The final boundary agreement for Rye was not resolved until 1730. Early Rye families such as Jenness had vital records recorded in Hampton. Thus without moving, these Hampton families became residents of Rye. There is reference on the early deeds of Divisions and Ranges. There are even references to lot numbers in one range.
Extent of Description 1/4 linear foot (1/2 Hollinger box)
Title Rawding Family Deeds
Dates of Creation 1726-1915
Year Range from 1726
Year Range to 1915
People Rawding Family
Subjects Rye, NH
Houses
Deeds
Search Terms Love Lane
South Road
Collection Rawding Family
Accession number 2006.008